Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome to the 30s Club

I was feeling a little low lately because I am turning 30 this year. The fact that I have to say goodbye to my 20s is not something fun to think about. Having birthdays used to be one of my favorite things because I could get good wishes and not worry about my age, but things started to change after I went to college. I only wished to freeze the time and have a little more of each year in my 20s. A lot of people have accomplished so much before their 30s, getting PhD degrees, winning Olympic gold medals, and so on, but it seems I got nothing accomplished in that category. As depressing as it sounds, there is not much I can do at this point other than keep a positive mood to embrace the upcoming challenges and live my life. After all, a lot of professors in our department didn’t get their PhDs before their 30s and majority of people start to have careers after their 30s. So I am not alone! I got up this morning and I felt great. I know it’s a new day and it’s a whole new book to write.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment