Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kentucky Horse Park

As probably the most famous tourist attraction site in Lexington, Kentucky Horse Park is said to be a place that you must go if you are in Lexington, the horse capital of the world. With that in mind, I wasn’t too concerned about my cousin’s stay here last weekend. I was planning to go there in the morning, however, I didn’t get up until almost noon. Then we had brunch at Dunkin Donuts. I thought we missed the trolley tour but I realized we were just on time for the afternoon tour. The park is not as big as I thought and it is pretty disappointing that you have to pay extra $25 per person for horse riding. The entrance fee is $16 and you can see two shows, including horse champion show and parade of breeds. The International Horse Museum was very informative but we didn’t spend much time there since we were trying to catch the 1:00pm trolley tour. The horse champion show could be interesting if you know horse racing well, so for me, I was expecting to see some various horses in the parade of breeds. There were 6 types of horses shown at 2:00pm show, and it was nice that some horses can grow really big and strong. The horses they showed there were very tamed and they let tourists pet them and take pictures. It took us almost 4 hours to go through each and every single site in the park. I wasn’t extremely impressed with what they offer, partly because I don’t really have much knowledge about horses although I love horses. However, I am glad that I could take my cousin to see that park.

IMAG2073IMAG2079IMAG2106IMAG2148IMAG2155

No comments:

Post a Comment