Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2

So after school yesterday, I decided to go to the Indian restaurant with Andrea and then watch either ‘Hangover Part 2’ or ‘Kung Fu Panda 2’. Those two movies are what I have been expecting for some time. We watched ‘Kung Fu Panda 2’ in the end but I am sure I would watch ‘Hangover Part 2’ somehow. The first time I watched ‘Kung Fu Panda’ was when I was in Shanghai like 2 or 3 years ago and it was very funny and well made. But this time when we walked into that AMC theatre, I was surprised that there weren’t many people in the seats although this movie was just on for a few days. Throughout the whole movie, the actions looked really smooth and pleasant. The story line was continuous and it was meaningful to some extent as well. The only thing I felt it was missing was the jokes were old and there weren’t many laughing points. Panda’s dad, the goose, was one of the most funny characters in ‘Kung Fu Panda’, but this time the only funny thing I got was from the goose’s deliberate Chinese accident. As for the Chinese elements in the movie, I am amazed by the details of the architecture and some handicrafts and it’s better developed than the first movie. For a movie that is made by Americans, I have to give the credit for them to make it really authentic, although there were still some obvious flaws in the cultural elements. It’s not a bad movie overall, but surely it lacks some ‘wow’ factors to me. But I am still glad I watched it.

KungFuPanda2

No comments:

Post a Comment