Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Living Out Loud

IMG_8059

Yeah, I would be lying if I say I am not busy and I believe life is not easy for any one of us. After I heard the story of a senior PhD student in the lab next to us, I felt much better and more comfortable to stay in lab late. Let’s just ignore the trivial things like missing one meal or no time to cook, and the big picture here is what I am talking about-it will pay off eventually. I have to admit that I learned a lot during this process and it feels good to be recognized somehow. The more I dig inside the research, the more I feel I have to learn. It’s interesting that maybe right now my friends conceive of me as some sort of a selfish crazy PhD student just like the way I considered some of my classmates as workaholics back in graduate school in Shanghai. When being put in the situation, it’s not up to me or a single person anymore to do whatever the feeling is leading to.

Anyway, like my fish here, although it’s hard, we are still living out loud. As the algae is taking over in the tank, it looks quite dirty, although I am sure some of those plant snails must love it. Or “occasionally” when I come home late, my fish can have the algae as their snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment