Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth Of July

So as requested, I went to see the fireworks on Fourth of July here. I have seen fireworks all my life and it wouldn’t be surprising to see what it is like here although it’s said “the grass is greener on the other side.” So I called my friends to get together on July 4th. The thing is when we got to Blue Ash, I sort of got confused where we should go, so I decided to go to where we are more familiar-Newport On The Levee. We had Jonny Rocket’s there which is a typical American restaurant. I felt interesting that we were the only group there who wasn’t a family. Yeah, people spend time with their families on July 4th here. Anyway, I liked the Rocket burger and I was stuffed.

IMG_6683
Ready For Fireworks

Unlike Blue Ash where I was lost, people were all over the grass on the river bank here, waiting for the fireworks later. I haven’t seen such kind of crowds since I got here last year. As much as I enjoy the personal space here, there was a slightest feeling that I missed that crows in Shanghai. It’s weird.

IMG_6687
Already Ready
We walked along the river bank, seeing many Harley motorcycles, and then the fireworks started at 10pm. It lasted for 15 minutes, but it was awesome. I was so close to it.
IMG_6698
IMG_6692
IMG_6769


Like I said many times here, life is not only just about working and we need to have some breaks from the intense pressure we are dealing with on a daily basis to keep ourselves together.

No comments:

Post a Comment