Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Cost of Living

After living here for a few years, I realized paying the rent each month is not really my best option. Had I known the time I would spend in this city, I could have bought a house and paid the mortgage which would be lower than the rent. Well, who would have known? Compared to its peer cities in this region, Lexington is actually not cheap to live in. The cost of living here is higher than Cincinnati, Buffalo or even Columbus. I don’t really know the reason but considering it’s the horse capital of the world, perhaps it’s a tourist city instead of a industrial city where goods are more easily and cheaper to be transported. The funny thing, though, is when people are considering the living cost here, they consider the living cost of Kentucky which is way lower than Lexington. With the lower income and higher cost of living, I don’t know how the living quality could be good. The brighter side of this is that it’s still a lot cheaper than either California or NYC.

2016-02-18 150805

No comments:

Post a Comment