Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Valley, Wetland and Lake

Teambuilding during week days would be a great idea for everyone in the company, especially 2 days teambuilding. Living in the city for some time, people would like to have a break to embrace the nature in the wild to breathe some fresh air. We discussed a lot about where to go beforehand, and eventually we decided to go to a valley in Zhejiang Province, together with a wetland in Hangzhou. The bullet train is always a pleasure to take, steady and speedy. I don't really remember how many times I have been to Hangzhou, and the moment we got off the train, I knew where to go, since it's just so familiar to me. The next couple of hours of shuttle was not that enjoyable, as the winding road was making me sleepy on the seat.










DSCN5192
 
2 hours ride took us to a place called Shangougou (The Valley)
 
DSCN5193
 
Quite countryside, reminding me of 20 years ago
 
DSCN5198
 
Puppy lying on the floor chilling, quite peaceful
 

We were staying in a farmer's house with some old ladies from Shanghai staying there as well. To some extent, Shanghai is quite similar to Chengdu, where people like to relax in the mountainous areas in the farmers' houses in summers. I am not a big fan of this kind of lifestyle, because I don't like playing cards, nor Majiang. Maybe because we spent all the morning on the road, and we were just so hungry,  the food that day just blew us away. Mushrooms, local chicken soup and some wild vegetables...Awesome!












DSCN5210



 



Bamboo Dragon spraying


 
DSCN5270
 
Chilly water from the spring through my toes
 
DSCN5289
 
Bamboo road, scary when walking alone there
 

The rain on the next day did not stop us from going to the wetland in Hangzhou, and I always believe the best scenes in Jiangzhe areas are in the rainy days. I was right, sitting on the boat, with the rain falling on the water and it was just nice. The boat owner said the wetland used to be the locals' home where his family farmed, and then the government bought their land to protect the area. He turned out to work here in the park, and he has several apartments in the city due to the land selling. He could have been sitting in front of his huge LCD, watching Hollywood movies at home with his grandson around nowadays, but he just likes sculling here. He said the wetland is his life.
















DSCN5410
 
Xixi National Wetland Park
 
DSCN5338
 
Typical Jiangnan Boat
 
DSCN5363
 
Another boat coming towards us
 
 DSCN5377
 
Wooden road in the reeds
 
DSCN5393
 
A temple on the water, I smelt wine outside...:
 
DSCN5401

Water Way
 

Because of the rain, and because shuttle was late, once again we were as hungry as we could possibly be. Emity is smart in choosing 'Grandma's House', where the food was impressive and great, but not pricy. For the first time, I had drunk shrimps jumping in my mouth. The rain did not stop until we started to walk on the bank of Xihu. It has been a long time since I walked along the lake with the rain.








DSCN5464
 
The Lotus and the Pavilion
 
DSCN5472
 
Foggy and chilly
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot, buddy. I am planning going there with my girlfriend, too.

    ReplyDelete