Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Secondary PC

Back to my previous company, one of the things that were talked about a lot was primary PCs and secondary PCs for end users. Of course, at that time, I was happy enough to have one decent laptop, let alone a secondary PC. I haven’t really thought about it until iPad came out which claimed that it can be the perfect secondary computer. But the reality is I didn’t really need another PC since I was working in the lab with a computer that can run some basic software already. And of course, when I was leaving, I had to clear the computer and delete the personal stuff on there. It was a little pain in the neck to be honest. The reason why I started to think about getting my secondary PC was because people in the lab don’t use the lab computers as they are not only outdated and slow, but not convenient for personal use. So I succeeded purchasing a cheap computer with decent performance to handle my daily lab work. This Acer laptop was cheap because it has some flaws on its appearance and it had a big discount. Of course, who cares about the appearance of the computer if I am not a student of designing or architecture. I am pretty happy about the fact that I don’t have to carry my heavy bulky laptop to walk 30 minutes between lab and apartment and I can simply leave the secondary computer in lab if I want to. I guess there is a reason why people have secondary computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment