Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chinese New Year Coming

As a matter of fact, the Spring Festival is supposed be on February 14th this year, but due to whatever reason, the annual party was held last night. I know that since I didn’t have time to volunteer, I might as well shut my mouth and enjoy whatever they were playing on the stage. However, I don’t think it was respectful to cut our show without informing me until I made the phone call at 5:30pm yesterday right before the party started. It was not courteous to me, well, I don’t think it was to anybody. So I was a little disappointed yesterday before I finally decided that I would go. But when I got there, I found that our show was replaced by a singing performance by an American kid and a Taiwanese girl. Well, it said all, I suppose. Without respecting people of your own, I don’t see any reasons why others should show any respect at all. Or maybe I am exaggerating here because after all we didn’t really have time to rehearse the drama show completely for once. So I don’t think it’s really that bad if I couldn’t get on the stage anyway, since I don’t think I was ready. There’s nothing to complain about, as it was only a local show organized by the Chinese students union who is not really good at satisfying everybody. But one thing they are good at is that they know how to spend the $1000 provided by the Chinese Embassy.

IMG_5516

Chun Jie

I left the party early enough to have some time of my own. As boring and disappointing as the party could possibly be, I don’t think most people would stay there long enough to enjoy the entire show. So we went to Perfect North Slopes to ski for the first time of my life. I remember when I was in China, after the family reunion banquet, kids would always go outside to play fireworks. So this time, as much as I miss the Spring Festival at home, I will have to spend my Spring Festival here without my family for the first time. Anyway, skiing was so much fun and I am sure I will be doing it again. I mean even falling on the snow was fun too. Ok, I am kidding. Honestly, it was a little scary when you felt that nothing could stop you and that you were completely sliding down without much friction on the surfaces between the slope and your ski. We needed some time to get used to that freedom and once we did, it was so great that I could get addicted to it easily. 3 hours wasn’t enough when Perfect North Slopes closed at 1am.

IMG_5532

Perfect North Slopes

No comments:

Post a Comment