Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Winter Storm on Chinese New Year

Nothing could really stop me from making a hot pot on Chinese New Year like I did last year, because I am trying to make it a tradition. However, this year, a huge snow storm hit the city pretty bad, and the school is closed for a week-even the malls were closed for 2 days. I don’t think I have experienced this kind of traumatizing weather condition in my life. It was the worst on Monday when the snow accumulated about a foot thick with even more coming down. When we drove to DQ for lunch, my car was not able to drive up to a slope close to the house, so I had to make a detour. Nobody was plowing the snow on the road at that time, and driving on the snow was quite slippery and dangerous. There were more coming on Tuesday, so I had to stay home for a whole day. The snow stopped on Wednesday, but the freezing temperature kept the snow where they are. I managed to make it to the grocery store and bought food for the hot pot. The road outside of our house is covered with thick snow, and I guess it will remain that way until the sun melts it at some point. As much as I love snow, driving in snow is not fun and I just hope the roads could clear up soon.

2015-02-17 1045312015-02-18 082941

No comments:

Post a Comment