Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day 2010

As I predicted, since I have been through a lot lately, it would be natural to have a little bit break before any more fierce thunderstorms pouring down on me. And because of this car I got, I, now, have freedom to choose wherever I want to go like I was in China. Although there are places I have never been to, I kind of expected what it feels like to be a foreigner amongst those locals or to be stuck in traffic for 3 hours. My labor day was full of adventures. After I came back home, I told myself that maybe next time I would just watch the Ohio River Firework on TV, although it was fun and 3 hours in traffic wasn’t bad at all.

I drove my friends to Brookville Lake because I found it was the last day to go swimming there on Labor Day, and it would be cool to soak up in the sun on the beach. We had a picnic there and of course we got lots of stares from the locals. I guess I am freaking brave enough to take my friends to the place which is completely different from what we are used to. But who cares? I really think there will be so many more to come later on.

IMG_7251b

And then I took them to Newport on the Levee to see the annual firework event. I knew it was going to be crowded, but never did I thought it would be as crowded as May Day in Shanghai. The good thing here, though, was people were not rude in the crowd and that they didn’t push against each other. After that 30 minutes firework, we got stuck in the traffic jam for about 3 hours when we were trying to get out of the parking lot. It wasn’t that boring when there were a whole bunch of drunk guys dancing on top of their car.

IMG_7376b
p_large_vmeL_225d0004f2e62dww13

Yes, officially, I have been here for over a year without seeing my family and next time I will just stay home to watch the firework show on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment